Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Garden

So it's that time of year again. I always have such high hopes. My dad has sent me these awesome planter ideas etc. We'll see if that portion actually happens as when it's winter I long to be outside and in the garden. Then I am tempted by the spring weather and instead of working as I should to prepare for planting time I waste the days away walking the dogs and enjoying the sun. Waste is probably the wrong word but it definitely is not preparing to plant the garden I'd like to. But I have started!



 We have planted Tomatoes, both Roma and Early Girl, Broccoli, Green Beans, Basil, Peppers, and Marigolds.

I am also well stocked with cayenne pepper. This may seem odd; Last year we discovered that chipmonks like to burrow in our garden. They do not completely chew up the plants but definitely the bigger stalks and they don't dig up the plants but they make shallow holes, I assume to lay in. After spraying the bottoms with cayenne pepper they seemed to leave the plants alone. This worked better than the sign I posted. Go figure. Lets see how fast they grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment