Monday, March 21, 2011

Yoga thought

As you may have read I have recently fallen in love with vinyasa yoga. I have been going once a week and look forward to it every day.

At the beginning of every yoga class the instructor shares a thought. I wish I could write it down but there isn't really a pocket in my yoga pants. Last weeks really hit home for me. It was about blindspots. These are things in our lives we choose not to see. We are aware of them on some level but we ignore them. These can be bad as we aren't able to be honest with ourselves. These can also be good as it allows us to accept things in our life, whether it be people or aspects of our lives, that we otherwise would not be able to deal with. Finally a quote from C.S. Lewis "This is one of the miracles of love. It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted."

No comments:

Post a Comment